Milford Haven Marina and our new Ty Waterfront Hotel.
Milford Haven is an early example of a purpose built "New Town." Founded in 1790, it was designed and developed by American Quakers. They had departed Britain for America because they wanted a fresh start and freedom to practice their faith. On arrival, they had to found new colonies and learnt the specialist skills required to build the new town.
- Milford Haven is the largest port in Wales and the third largest port in the UK.
- It developed as a fishing port, expanded into Oil Refining during the 1960s and now hosts two major LNG (gas) terminals.
- Our front street (Hamilton Terrace) may appear Austere to some visitors because the founders did not believe in flaunting wealth and we want to preserve our old buildings.
- The modern town includes a large marina complex and a purpose built retail park. (Both areas have free car parks and are a short level walk from Milford Haven train station.)
Rear of Pembroke CastlePembrokeshire is a spectacular county with locations and scenery to rival anywhare else. Here is a sample of what makes this County special.
- Milford Haven estuary and Cleddau Rivers. A natural splendour with 22 miles of largely unspoilt navigational waterway.
- Tenby. This world famous beach resort has four separate sandy beaches and scenic beauty typical of South pembrokeshire.
- Pembrokeshire locations have been used by at least 20 films including Harry Potter and DragonWorld
- Over 500 Km2 (14% of the county) is designated as national park. Whilst best known for the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park also encompasses a quiet inland moorland on the Preseli Hills.
- The county also contians ... more than 70 Sites of Special Scientific Interest, over 20 Conservation Areas and about 11 Blue Flag beaches.